Monday, January 12, 2009

Why ... I mean seriously ... why?

What is wrong with my child's school? It is snowing outside right now like CRAZY. Every other school in the area, both in our town and around our town, has closed for the day. Has my son's school closed early today? Nooooooo ... of course not. Why would they want the kids to be safe right? So he is not getting out of school early even though it is obvious to the rest of the state that it is time to send the kiddlets home. The boy doesn't get home until almost 5pm lately anyway. I guess the hubby shouldn't be to worried until about ... oh 6pm? LOL

I have seen lots and lots of programs cancel for the day too. Every other program planned for the evening that is for the disabled has canceled classes. But the one I have to go to tonight, the one I hate with a passion, it of course has not put out any message about being canceled. Well guess what? I am SOOOO not going! There is NO way I am going to load the residents up in that van, in the cold and risk having a car accident in the 2-4 inches of snow we are suppose to get tonight just because you are being dumb like the boys school. Forget it! Not gonna ruin my driving record. Not gonna risk injuring residents or staff. Not gonna ruin a perfectly good, and I am sure expensive, handicap van. Forget it!

Tomorrow we are suppose to have a blizzard warning all day. So maybe I will get to at least spend the first half of the day curled up in bed and crying. I am gonna guess I will not have my first day of class. Sucktackular to the teacher I am sure. But if it snows like it is suppose to snow all day today and all night tonight I am thinking it would not be wise to even have the college open. But we will see tomorrow. My school tends to be just as dumb as my son's school. UGH!

1 comment:

CrazyMom said...

Oooooh that stinks! I'd so do the same thing if I was you... {{HUGS}}