Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Proud Mama Hen


Bryan took a placement test at the end of last year. I had not heard anything about it so I figured he placed in the average range and thought nothing more of it. On Thursday I got a letter in the mail saying he scored high enough to be eligible for the highly gifted program!!! So I talked to Bryan and made sure it was something he actually wanted to do. It would mean going to a different middle school then he was scheduled to go to. Bryan was SOOOO excited when he heard he made it in! So I went down to the middle school today and filled out all the paperwork for him. I don't know if I have to wait for an acceptance letter or if it is just a done deal. Not sure how that works. But I am so proud of him and he is so excited! I am a little sad that I am old enough to have a child going into middle school. HA HA HA But I am so happy he is doing very well. It is something that those of us who have spent any time being a single mom worry about. It is so hard to raise a child alone and you wonder if you are doing right by them. I must have done something right for the first 2 years and a lot right in the last 8 years! WOOHOO!!!

1 comment:

CrazyMom said...

YEAH! Congrats and good luck to Bryan.