Thursday, November 20, 2008

Remodeling the old farm house

So I thought I would share some pictures of the current remodel of our house. We picked the largest bedroom upstairs for my son to move into. He is 10 years old and it is time for him to have a room upstairs for privacy. Both for his benefit as well as our own. Last thing I want to hear during sex is my son rolling around and snoring in the next room. So my hubby and I chose to move him upstairs. Plus some day ... God willing ... we would like to turn the downstairs bedroom into a nursery. But that is a whole other post. So anyway here are some pics from the remodel!

The room as originally covered in horse hair plaster. Yes there is actually horse hair in our walls. LOL Some of the plaster on the ceiling had started to fall down. So we decided it would be easiest to just pull the plaster off the walls then try to patch them up. *sigh* It's so nice to be young and dumb isn't it?

Photobucket
So here is a picture of the room after the plaster had been pulled down. I wish I had a picture of the before but I didn't think of it until I was covered in dust and my arms ached from swinging the metal bat I used to pull it all down. Thanks for your help again Candace!

The next step was to clean up all that plaster off from the floor. Doesn't sound to bad but ya it sucked.
Photobucket
Also a special thanks to Taria and Aaron for all their dusty help!

Photobucket
A little primer goes a long way! The trim and the closet were painted white and the room instantly started to look better ... even with out walls.


Photobucket
So the walls went up.

Photobucket
And it finally started to look like a bedroom.

Photobucket
The dogs always feel the need to investigate.

Photobucket
Once the walls went up I got to put his bed up.

Photobucket
Which of course was instantly checked for safety by Bocephus. Has to make sure his boy is safe ya know!

Photobucket
I painted the trim and the closet and that chimney. The nice camo green matches the camo curtains.

Photobucket
As usual a bed brawl insued because you can't break a bed in with out a good bed brawl.

Photobucket
In the end the kid is happy and he now has a brand new room. And a huge bed all to himself. I am a little jealous ... I will admit it ... but only to you.

No comments: