Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I am .... the calf rescuer!

Where is my cape? Ok so maybe a cape would not be the best idea in the cow yard. My hubby trusted me enough to send me out to move the calves on my own today. I am moving up in the world! So anyway I usher the calves around the bunker and out towards the feed wagon. I was then suppose to put the fence in place and turn to juice on. Which always freaks me out because I have been shocked more then my fair share of the time. And it always sucks. So anyway I discover that once red calf is NOT moving along with the rest. And seems to be making no attempt what so ever to move away from the bunker. *sigh* Don't make trouble for me boy! So I get up close to him and realize ... his head is stuck! The hubby had put up some metal bars at the end of the bunker near the silo in what I assume was an attempt to keep the calves heads out of that area. Well it back fired and infact got a calf stuck there. he he he So anyway I climbed on up to help the poor little bugger out. I was pulling and pushing and twisting around ears like some kind of bizzare cow puzzle. But eventually the calf was freed and happy as all get out to run around again. I am just proud of myself for getting him out with out having to call my inlaws or something. Ya me!
Photobucket
Fear not little ones! The calf rescuer is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

MrsSoersdal said...

lol bizarre cow puzzle. Good for you, you're a regular wonderwoman :)