Thursday, March 20, 2014

Come and sit and chat with me.

Grab a cup of coffee ... or Redbull as it seems to be these days ... let's sit and get caught up.

Ethan and I are still married. Yeah buddy! It will be 8 years this summer and 13 years total together last month. The road has been rocky some years and smooth as glass other years. Life with four kids means you have to work extra hard to make it work but it is as always totally worth it. Even if my partner in crime is a bit pinchy and leaves Pepsi cans on the side table.

Bryan will be 16 this summer. Holy crap! He has his permit and is allowed to drive with a licensed adult. Bryan gets straight A's in school and with the exception of this year rarely misses a day. (This year has been full of births, deaths and snow days) He is still addicted to World of Warcraft. Which is fine with us so long as his grades stay up and his chores get done. Bryan is a pretty awesome big brother and has been a huge help during all the chaos of the last year.

Wyatt is my almost 4 year old wild man. Just ... just ... just so wild. It doesn't help that it has been a horrible winter and he has been cooped up for months. Wyatt is smart as a whip and made of pure muscle. He is a farm kid to the core. Wyatt wants to be no place else but outside doing chores with daddy and grandpa. He has a fever disorder called PFAPA and as I write this he sits next to me feeling a hair to warm again. Wyatt will spike a fever for no apparent reason every 2-4 weeks. As soon as he hits 102 degrees we have a medication to give him that smacks his immune system back into reality and It calms down again. Wyatt is fatigued but 95% better in 2-3 hours with medication instead of the 4-5 days with out medication. He should grow out of it by the time he enters school. Fingers crossed or this could mean a lot of missed school days. He is a good kid with a ridiculous amount of energy. If I had half of it this house would be spotless at all times.

Adelia my beautiful little princess celebrated her first birthday in January ... by becoming a big sister. Ya more on that later. Adelia is a spit fire and I love it! She is really starting to show this amazingly strong and sassy spirit that would make her grandmother so proud of her. She is already barreling across the room at top speed. The very recent backwards walking is cool. However the side walking is rather creepy. It doesn't help that she stares silently into your soul as she does it. Adelia is starting to talk and actually ask for things. Mama, dada, grandpa, and even the dogs (Coco and Bobo) are being called by their proper name. She just started saying baba when she wants milk and she is sooooooo close to saying Anna when talking about her sister. Sadly Bryan and Wyatt just get pointed at. Although I think she called Bryan bubba the other day. But then again she may just have been asking for her milk.

Annalise my amazingly full head of hair from the get go little lady. She ... well ...  Annalise was a surprise bonus baby. We celebrated Adelia turning 4 months old by going to Shopko to pick up several pregnancies tests. Because there is no way in hell I could be pregnant again. I mean I am still pumping. I am on the birth control pill. I JUST went back to work. This test must be broken. HA! My "I'm just gonna take a test to make me feel better" test turned positive before I even set it down on the bathroom counter. Not gonna lie. Back to back pregnancies is not easy. I spent the first four months terrified that my far to fresh c-section scar was going to bust open any second. Then the last four months ready for this baby to come out because who wants to be pregnant or nursing for two years straight! Yes I know that is only eight months but all four of my babies came out at 37 weeks. So month nine never lasted more then a week for me ever. The good news is despite blood pressure issues again (Adelia's birth was a semi emergency c- section due to high blood pressure) Annalise's birth went well and my recovery was cake. Annalise has had a few issues out of the gate. She has a mild hearing loss in her left ear. We are still testing to see if that hearing loss is temporary or permanent. Either way her right ear is perfect so she still hears well. Which is almost a  disadvantage considering how loud her father and siblings are. Annalise had a positive test on her newborn screening. If you know Wyatt's story with the new born screening you know that that phone call from the hospital almost made me vomit. When the nurse announced that the positive test was for hypothyroidism I laughed. I went from head in my hands trying not to puke to laughing out loud. Is that all? I have that. No big deal! It was a little bit of a big deal when it came time to draw blood from my newborn. It took MANY blood draws to get what they needed. They are starting to joke about how many of the tiny rubber ducks they hand out to the kids they poke she will have by her first birthday. Thankfully it seems like we have the right dosage of synthroid for her but it still might need a few tweaks as time goes on. Annalise will have her blood drawn every three months until she is three years old. Then they will take her off the synthroid and see what happens. If her thyroid takes over on it's own then she can stay off the medication and need fewer checks on her TSH. If not then back on the medication she goes for most likely the rest of her life. Either way we have a simple solution that is working well for us. Annalise is  beautiful and starting to smile and coo like a pro. Now if i could only get her to sleep at night.

Then there is me. I am still home on maternity leave. My second unpaid leave in one year. There is no way I can go back to work five days a week like I was. What the heck am I going to do with three kids under the age of 4 five days a week? So I have some negotiating to do with work and some researching on how to make money at home. Looks like I will be back to eBay. Which is fine considering the amount of baby stuff we will be getting rid of as Annalise out grows it. In the men time I am going to keep vlogging in YouTube and blogging here. Maybe I have a book in me. We will just have to see what happens.

Are you out of coffee? No problem. I got a Costco sized box of k-cups downstairs and my keurig is fired up and ready to pour.

No comments: