Monday, January 25, 2010

Is it spring yet?

I am getting antsy. I am sick of winter. It is cold and snowy and full of ice. YUCK! I want so badly to get back out into the garden. My first year was interesting. Not as successful as I would have liked it to be. But we live and we learn. I know what things I want to grow again this year. And what things I want to avoid. I have also learned that spacing the growth of the veggies is important. I don't mean space so much as I mean time. It would be super easy to just toss some seed at the ground and wait for it to grow. But that means I have nothing all spring and far to much to eat before it goes bad in the fall.

SPRING:

PhotobucketPhotobucket


FALL:
Photobucket
Photobucket

It was sad to see a lot of my harvest go to waste. How ever the ducks and chickens ate well.



Also spring brings babies!!!


PhotobucketPhotobucket


Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket




PhotobucketPhotobucket




This little one will have to wait until summer though. The bun needs to stay in the oven until he/she is done baking.

PhotobucketPhotobucket


Thankfully it will be early summer though. I look forward to having my June Jitter Bug outside with me while I play in the dirt.

Photobucket

No comments: